If you like visiting the Lake District and you enjoy playing orchestral music, The Rydal Genin Orchestra might just be the residential music course for you. Here are five reasons why you should consider coming along next year:
- The location is AMAZING! In the middle of the Lake District, with beautiful walks all around, staying in a stately home. Pretty villages, culture, history, babbling brooks, waterfalls, ancient trees, hills, wildlife. It’s all on your doorstep.
- We play music! Lots of it, and with plenty of variety. See here for what we played in 2015.
- Everyone is very friendly. Some of us have been coming here for 50 years or more, and others are brand new. Last year we ranged in age from 6 months to well over 90, and people come from all over the UK.
- There is no pressure. We don’t do concerts and we don’t penalise mistakes. We are all about enjoying the music.
- The weather is INVARIABLY PERFECT! OK – that one isn’t true. But it really doesn’t matter. If it’s sunny you can go outside. If it rains you can play music, read a book, drink coffee, eat cake, watch tv, visit National Trust properties, shop, sleep, go to the cinema, or whatever you like. Usually we have a mix of weather types, so just bring an umbrella and enjoy it.
If you’re interested in finding out more, have a read through our website and feel free to get in touch. Our next course starts on Saturday 30th July 2016.